Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic confirm Rogers Cup participation
Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic have officially confirmed they’ll play in the Rogers Cup, the latest event to be snubbed by Roger Federer.
World number one, Nadal, though, appears altogether more excited about the tournament.
“I’m really looking forward to being back in Toronto this summer,’ Nadal said in a statement.
“I always love playing in Canada and I hope to see the fans out in force for my first match.”
Wimbledon champion Djokovic has also confirmed his participation, saying: “I have happy memories from winning the title in Toronto in 2016 and it’s always a highlight on my calendar.
— Rogers Cup (@rogerscup) July 23, 2018
“The tournament looks after us so well and the fans are always passionate about their tennis.
“After a dream run at Wimbledon, I’m really motivated going into the hard-court season so I look forward to defending my Toronto title.”
Exclusive – Former British No 1 insists Novak Djokovic deserves more respect
Novak Djokovic deserves equal billing alongside Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
Wimbledon ranking points decision sparking angry reaction from players
The decision from the ATP and WTA…
Cameron Norrie wins Lyon Open for fourth career title
Cameron Norrie claims his fourth career title in Lyon.
Iga Swiatek relaxed as she returns to happy hunting ground
Iga Swiatek says she is prepared for the day her winning streak is broken.
Wimbledon doubles down on Russian ban despite stripping of ranking points
Wimbledon organisers said they ‘made the only viable decision’.
Peng Shuai latest: IOC says she is ‘looking forward to visiting Europe’
Peng’s safety and freedom has been a concern since she appeared to allege in a social media post that she had been sexually assaulted.
Novak Djokovic and Emma Raducanu facing huge rankings drop after Wimbledon decision
Djokovic is almost certain to lose his No.1 ranking.
Comment – Why the removal Wimbledon’s ranking points could backfire on the ATP and WTA
Wimbledon has been stripped of its ATP ranking points following the decision to ban Russian and Belarusian players.
Wimbledon didn’t want to ‘risk safety of players’ or ‘success being used as propaganda by Russian regime’
Wimbledon has hit back at the ATP and WTA with a statement of their own.
WTA statement as women’s body also strips Wimbledon of ranking points over Russian player ban
WTA also has harsh words for Wimbledon after stripping grass-court major of ranking points.