Wimbledon champion Simona Halep has recovered from her foot injury and is looking forward to returning to competitive tennis once the season resumes again.
The world No 2 won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships at the end of February, but revealed after the tournament that she had been struggling with a foot injury.
The injury forced her to pull out of the Qatar Open and Indian Wells Masters, which was later cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic.
“The foot looks good, I have started to run already and I don’t have pain at all,” Halep said in a video on social media.
“I don’t play tennis yet but being able to do the training means a lot and gives me a big positive actually.”
— Simona Halep (@Simona_Halep) April 6, 2020
The Romanian and her fellow pros won’t be playing tennis any time soon though as the sport is suspended until at least July 13.
“I miss my team, I miss the players, I miss the tournaments, I miss everyone from the Tour,” the two-time Grand Slam winner said.
“I know it’s bit tough for everybody, this period. But if we stay home, if we stay strong and positive it will help a lot. I can’t wait to travel again, I can’t wait to play tennis again and I can’t wait to see you.”
Basilashvili charged with domestic violence.
Tennis trio features in Nike ad.
NZ Premier League set to start on June 3.
Roger Federer not a fan of behind-closed-doors tournaments.
Dan Evans keen on competing in ‘amazing spectacle’ without fans.
Roger Federer taking it easy.
Roland Garros eager to avoid US Open clash.
Charleston to host invitational event.
Balkan region event to feature Djokovic, Thiem, Dimitrov.
ATP Tour is in good shape, says Marin Cilic.