Ashleigh Barty remains top of the WTA Rankings following the 2020 Australian Open, but finalists Sofia Kenin and Garbine Muguruza were the big movers.
Roland Garros champion Barty was beaten in the semi-finals at Melbourne Park by Kenin, who went onto win her maiden Grand Slam, but the Australian enjoyed a healthy lead at the top of the rankings ahead of the tournament and is still sitting pretty after the event.
Reigning Wimbledon champion Simona Halep is up one place to No 2 while Karolina Pliskova from the Czech Republic completes the top three.
Kenin is up to a career-high No 7 in the rankings after winning the Australian Open and the 21-year-old is now also the American No 1 as 23-time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams is down in ninth place.
Naomi Osaka dropped to No 10 after she failed to successfully defend her title in Melbourne while two-time Grand Slam winner Petra Kvitova slumped out of the top 10 as she is down to 11th.
British No 1 Johanna Konta is down one place to No 14 while former world No 1 and two-time major winner Muguruza, who lost in three sets to Kenin on Saturday, climbs 16 places to No 16.
Top 20 WTA Rankings:
1. Ashleigh Barty (Australia) 8,367
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,101 (+1)
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,290 (-1)
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,775 (+1)
5. Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) 4,675 (+2)
6. Bianca Andreescu (Canada) 4,665
7. Sofia Kenin (United States) 4,495 (+8)
8. Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) 3,965 (+2)
9. Serena Williams (United States) 3,915
10. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 3,626 (-6)
11. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 3,466 (-3)
12. Madison Keys (United States) 2,962 (-1)
13. Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus) 2,820 (-1)
14. Johanna Konta (Great Britain) 2,753 (-1)
15. Petra Martic (Croatia) 2,586 (-1)
16. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 2,527 (+16)
17. Marketa Vondrousova (Czech Republic) 2,430 (-1)
18. Alison Riske (United States) 2,360 (+1)
19. Elise Mertens (Belgium) 2,360 (-2)
20. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 2,175 (-2)
‘Nothing has changed,’ says Craig Tiley.
Daniil Medvedev is eager to return to…
Fans will be allowed to attend 2020 French Open.
Praise for Coco Gauff from Martina Navratilova.
Good news from the Novak Djokovic camp.
John McEnroe not so sure Rafael Nadal will play US Open.
Daniil Medvedev on his two different personalities.
Australian icon sort of, kind of supports Nick Kyrgios.
Kevin Palmer highlights a Serena Williams memory.